Monday 13 June 2011

Everything else is just Gravy.

Today I wanted to pen somethings that go on in my head.
This weekend brought some lovely family time, I saw my beutiful wife going crafting mad with all of her orders she has at the moment. We raised some money for sudden infant death, I tried one of the nicest cupcakes ever, I saw my sister-in-law complete a very wet race for life in memory of a wonderful lady who just happened to be her Nan, I saw Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button be very silly, I saw Jenson then win a fabulous race. But, I also saw a lovely young lady, who should be out getting shitfaced, and spending all weekend with her mates having fun. Instead she was lying on her bed struggling to breathe and was very frightened. For me it brought back very sad memories of my own cousin who died from the same illness 12 years ago. I admit it was a bit of a shock to see as I was so unprepared, but that was my failing and something I will have to deal with better than I did yesterday.
What I am looking forward to is Thursday because this remarkable young lady is getting married and I am fortunate enough to be taking her photos. So I get to make sure that the physical memories of her special day are the best!
When you see someone who is fighting for their life, it makes you think about your own mortality. Everyone must do this sometimes to get a better perspective on their lives. It makes you realise that all the bumps in the road of life are not that bad and we should all be thankful for what we have. Yes everyone would like to have lots of money and big houses, posh cars etc. But really all we need in this life is each other and our health. Everything else is just gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment